Friday, December 19, 2008

Leveling Up?

I'll never claim to have the best workstation in the world. Oftentimes, my room has at least 1 light bulb burnt out. Nevertheless, I love my desk and all of its little inconveniences. However, in the past week I've tried to edit some episodes and every time I start to get somewhere, my Laptop decides to die. To those to know my computer, you know what I am talking about. She chugs along, barely keeping iTunes open while Final Draft is up, and if I am lucky, on the holiest of days, she'll let me have AIM open as well. I'm afraid those days may be long gone.

Yes, it may be time to put my Laptop down.

Navi (as I named it), was given to me roughly 4 and a half years ago and ever since one day Sophomore year, she's been slowly dying. I can't put a finger on exactly what happened, or how it started, but it may be time to pull the plug. I'm hoping to upgrade to a MacBook, making the upgrade from PC to Justin Long, er, Mac. This way I can post videos, pictures, and other productive things. My current PC won't even play videos. Anyway, we'll see. Money doesn't grow on trees, no matter how many nickels and dimes I plant in the back yard.

-----

I once again have to applaud people's enthusiasm towards this project. People are volunteering to give me things to use for the zombies and vampires. Granted, I do live in Pittsburgh and Monroeville Mall is just a stone's throw away so zombie make-up is as essential and bread and water here, but it's still a nice gesture.

-----

Also, speaking of zombies, check out the Toby puppet here

-----

Speaking of puppets (how's that for a train of thought?) I really need to find some puppets for these readings. I've only ever assisted in making puppets and have never actually MADE anything. That's what Kyle and Joey did, the most I ever amounted to was making a Sai for the TMNT movie. If the Prop Shop at school blows up, they'll at least know who did it.

-----

We had a little video conference of sorts today to talk about the show. I drew up a little outline for Ashley, Kyle, and James to look at and peruse. We talked about the way the show was going, and where we thought it would eventually lead and all that cool stuff. It never ceases to amaze me how people's creativity sparks different ideas. Ideas I've never even thought about but are VERY interesting. Needless to say, today was fantastic for getting some insight into where the show could lead, and its also giving me a different idea about how the last two episodes should end...

It's all happening :)

~ Aaron J.

No comments: