Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Just some DLC...

I stumbled across this thread over at the NeoGaf forums and just got thoroughly inspired.

The reason? It seems like more and more each year interactive media takes bigger strides towards becoming a veritable artform. Mass Effect seemed to really give gamers a run for their money as far as providing an entirely open-ended narrative and Bethesda does some incredible stuff as far as creating a illustrious landscape for which a person to use paint on.

As I looked on and saw some of my favorites (like the Mirror's Edge, Tetris, and Persona 4 ones) really evoke alot of creative attention. It just seemed to be like Christian would devour this stuff. Frankly, I do, so Christian would. ;) Not to make his character indulgent, but nobody can deny that some TLC went into creative some of those knock-off Criterion Collection covers.

This just adds to the argument that interactive media is making a stand in becoming art. Look at The Guild. Besides opening the door for alot of webseries out there, Felicia Day has also created a show that centers around interactive media. Two birds with one stone. Nice job. She's cute too, can't fault her at all for that.

In other news, a few members of Imaginary Trends are making the move to New Hampshire for the summer to do some work. While we will be in the middle of nowhere, I think we'll be publishing some...interesting works online. I'm personally packing up my comics and games so that I'll still retain a good amount of dorkness even a few states away from home.

Also...we've been getting good responses to the trailer script that went up last week. I'm going to begin formally writing our third draft in the coming week. Got any suggestions? Send them in...

No comments: