Wednesday, February 18, 2009

ACTOR SPOTLIGHT - Ben Palmer as Christian

WHAT'S YOUR ROLE IN LAN'DED? ARE THEY SIMILAR TO YOU? ARE THEY DIFFERENT?
I play Christian, the Red-Bull drinking, nonstop 360 playing, and wildly imaginative and complete anti-social. Christian has a fear of what is un-known. To him, that is the outside world. When I was younger I shared a lot of similar issues to Christian. I was extremely anxious and depressed and stayed inside watching movies and playing computer games as a way of life. Only I didn't have the awesome imaginary friends. Or the mimes….those are pretty cool too.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SCI-FI MOVIE?
Star Wars. It gets no better. Preferably episodes 4 and 5.

ROBOTS OR NINJAS, WHO'D WIN?
Robots!!! Are you kidding me? Those ninja stars couldn't hurt even the robot from Lost in Space!

WHAT'S THE DORKIEST THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?
I waited for 3 hours in line get tickets to see Episode 1.  I was the only one not in costume, which was slightly embarrassing.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ROLE YOU'VE EVER PLAYED, AND HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM CHRISTIAN IN LAN'DED?
I played George Tesman in a production of Hedda Gabler my senior year of high school. He is a total dork, very much like Christian. His obsession with knowledge rivals Christian's obsession with knowledge of mimes

No comments: