Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fear and Loathing with no internet access! (SEASON ONE IS DONE!)


Well, this is it! The first season has been written. Episodes 4 through 9 (we go by Star Wars numbering) have been completed and assembled into one big script for our cast to digest for the reading. After carefully compiling it and editing it extensively, we're able to condense it into 80 pages. This is just the script for the reading though, the actual episodes range anywhere from 15-25 pages on their own. I had to edit down each episode to the core facts so that we could have the entire first season onstage for the event at the end of March. I'm happy to say that we didn't have to sacrifice anything. The episodes we end up filming will have scripts with more filler though.

What a feeling this is! I've just sent out the first season! Nothing more will be written! Sure, some edits are sure to be made, but no more episodes, no more drafts, and no more adding material. It is sad in a way to be sure, but the bright side is that I can formally start to compile ideas for Season 2 (and trust me, Ky, Dave, and I have been thinking about that for a while...).

The one thing I'll always remember about sending out the first season to the cast is that I actually had to search for an internet connection to do so! Since I'm home in Erie for Spring Break, I don't have access to internet at my house. My sister's internet didn't work for me, so all day today I rode around trying to find a hot-spot that didn't require me to have a password. I went to two McDonald's, a few coffee shops, and when I finally thought about giving up a friend told me that Panera of all places offered free internet access! Huzzah! Of course my first thought was to speed up to my nearest Panera locale, but it is Spring Break and I had family things to take care of. So after a very heated game of checkers with my 5 year-old nephew, I sped up to Panera.

And it was closed. Bummer.

However, I figured that if I parked right outside, the internet signal was sure to be picked up from my car! So here I am, parked outside the Panera on Peach Street in Erie, PA, blogging and sending out the full first season of LAN'ded to my intrepid cast. Nothing has been plain about this production and tonight is no exception. I love being an artist. 

Look for a director spotlight later this week and some cool new FOTO FRIDAY pics!

No comments: